Wednesday 21 December 2011

homemade presents.

For the past few weeks, my body has been on overdrive and has done very well at fending off all colds that have loomed! However, I have now copped for the "relaxation cold" and have spent most of the day wrapped in my scarf.

I didn't really want to just sit in bed as that always makes me feel worse, so I thought I'd make some of my final Christmas presents ready for this Sunday.

I have tried to do homemade presents as much as possible this year (gone a bit mad really!), partly for financial reasons, and partly because I wanted to make things which were really personalised to each of my family members. I deliberated quite a lot about what to make my sister, and then found some ideas for some nice lanterns... so today that's what I've made!








The aim is for them to be hanging lanterns that she can put a little light inside and put around her room. Result! 

I have wrapped my other homemade gifts, but I shall photograph them when they have been opened and blog them. Almost all of the ideas/instructions were found on the internet, so it might just be useful if anyone wants to have a go at making them! I found the instructions for the lanterns here.


And now... a cup of tea! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I really appreciate your thoughts! x