Tuesday 20 December 2011

change.

Over the past few months, my body and my mind have been going through some significant and sometimes difficult changes. I know that really I am in a constant state of change, but some things have felt much more noticeable recently. Often we feel like we must always be moving forward, but it has become apparent to me that I have lost certain parts of my character that I had years ago, and so I must move backward a little way to find those traits once again. And so begins this journey... of self-discovery, self-understanding, and self-praise to some extent. There is some building to be done. 

It is coming to the end of 2011, and naturally at this time of year I turn to my family for some home comforts. Although Christmas can be a stressful time for families, for me it always offers solace. Today I went shopping for a real tree for the first time in my life, and this evening my mum, dad and I decorated it with a wonderful mixture of new and old trinkets...






Obviously, when I see pretty things, I just have to take photos of them! That's another thing which I have laid to one side a lot lately, and I'm realising that I can't blame it on "being busy" forever. Photography is something which I love, and I should really celebrate that, and continue to express myself through it. So if you are reading this, prepare yourself for lots more photos!

In general, I am embarking on a road of creativity, and of growth of my soul and mind. I invite you to walk along it with me if you will, and also share your own creativity and growth. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I really appreciate your thoughts! x