Wednesday 11 January 2012

relax, release them, let them go.

Today has felt like a bit of a strange day. It hasn't been a bad day, in that nothing bad has happened, but I have had a generally low feeling throughout the day for no apparent reason.


I'm aware that I've been reprimanding myself during the day for eating slightly too much, and for eating when I didn't really want food. I have also come down on myself a bit for not doing any exercise today, with thoughts that other people around me are better than me at exercising, and at sticking to a plan for exercising and being healthy... now that I think about it, I have been comparing myself to other people in terms of attractiveness and slimness as well, which leads to the negative part of my mind telling me that I'm not as happy or successful as those people because I'm not as attractive as them.


It's silly, isn't it?


To help me try and turn these thoughts and feelings around, my counsellor recommended a really good website to me which helps you build your self-esteem and train your mind to overcome its resistance to positive thinking.


This evening I've been looking through the "Transform Your Attitude - Change Your Life" pages of the website, which I urge anyone to look at, even if they are not struggling with low self-esteem. Some of the positive affirmations they offer are really boosting. I think my choice of positive phrase for today is:


I choose to be gentle with myself.


Rather than being cross with myself for not doing exercise today - something which I cannot change - I will learn from it, and go swimming tomorrow instead.
Instead of feeling that I am less attractive than other women, I will remind myself of the things that some of my loved ones have told me about my beauty and my successes.


But right now it's time for bed, and I'm hoping that sleep will also help to brighten my mood. Tomorrow is a new day, and my mind is open to the possibilities that it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I really appreciate your thoughts! x